Hello, hello! We’ve been rocking and rolling on the new blog design this week… may be launching later today or this weekend! Fingers crossed and keep checking back to see if my blog suddenly looks completely different (and awesome). Or, you know, like a hot mess because something goes wrong. It could go either way… 😉
In running news this week, I made a new friend – blog reader Allison reached out to me about running together sometime and as it turned out, this week was perfect because my running buddy Sokphal was sick (feel better, girl)!
It was a gorgeous morning for a run – in fact, this whole week was pretty much gorgeous – so I was glad to get out there! Thanks for the miles, Allison. 🙂
By the way, for my local friends – did you see that the peak bloom for the cherry blossoms is predicted right now for March 27-30? I’m so excited… every year the girls and I do an early morning weekday cherry blossom run to see the blooms without the crazy crowds! Here is last year’s: Annual DC Cherry Blossom Morning Run. And here is the 2018 post… cloudy but still gorgeous: Running the DC Cherry Blossoms.
I’m excited because this news means the cherry blossoms will be blooming during the DC Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon I’m running… woo! Unofficially cherry blossom race! 😉
Anyway – on to the food!
We had a yummy seared chicken with cabbage slaw and rice earlier this week, plus some toasted pumpkin seeds – I always forget how amazing toasted seeds are. Just put them in a pan with some oil and BAM… delicious toasted seeds. (psst: not sure what oil to use? Check out this old fave post: What Oil to Use When.)
Plus some roasted potatoes and lemon garlic string beans.
We also had more za’atar this week – this was a za’atar chicken (a Blue Apron meal) with a farro + cucumber + olive (which Riese mostly ate before it made it into the salad… she random loves olives) + tomato salad that was dressed with red wine vinegar. There was also an unpictured yogurt + lemon juice + garlic sauce to put on top – really good!
For similar recipes, try my Mediterranean Bulgur Salad with Lemon Mint Vinaigrette, or my Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken Thighs.
One more food highlight from the week: I set up shop at Junction Bakery yesterday to work and got lunch while there, too – I had their tomato soup and a beet salad topped with seared steak.
I was randomly craving beef – maybe from the extra running I’ve been doing lately?
I will leave you with my usual Friday posts of interest from around the web section. Enjoy!
- Why Does My Kid Prefer My Partner? –> I found this article reassuring as I’m still usually 2nd best to Matt and continuing to work to not be offended/hurt 😉
- Total Body Chair Workout –> such a great idea… if you wear comfy clothes to work you could totally sneak this in while there!
- A Week of Eats Using the 5-4-3-2-1 Grocery Shopping Method –> this post was an interesting idea for how to grocery shop without having a plan! I think the only thing I’d change for us is instead of 3 fun drinks I’d do 3 fun dips – all about the hummus, tzatziki, etc! For drinks (except for milk + kombucha, that is) we usually do that outside of our normal grocery shop because we like getting fun local microbrews, ciders, etc.
- Whole Wheat Pecan Banana Muffins –> these are on my “must make ASAP” list! So important to add healthy fat to baked goods for satiety reasons
- Turkey Walnut Taco Meat –> if you want to reduce your meat consumption, this is a great recipe to try! Reminds me of my Walnut and Mushroom Vegetarian Enchiladas recipe.